Sunday, May 9, 2010

Lost

OMG. That's the words you probably screamed after seeing last week's Lost chapter. It was definitely one of the best ones this season and up there with Happily Ever After and Ab Aeternum.

BEWARE, MASSIVE SPOILERS OF THE 6x14 LOST CHAPTER!




Let's see... 4 regulars were killed in a single chapter, and Locke-Ness-Smokey-Monster or whatever was confirmed to be the main antagonist of the series. You really have to give props to the writers, I even said "poor Locke, they are always screwing him and he only wants to help them get off the island!"
Then he proceeded to kill half of the cast.




Anyways, the acting was superb, especially Sun (very fitting death to the koreans, together till the very end...) and Hurley when he started crying at the beach.




So, what's going to happen now?

Well, I'd really like you to comment here as I always enjoy hearing other Losties's opinions, so go on!


My theories?

One thing is clear: if they all die, it's over.
My guess is that all the characters WILL eventually die (probably one every chapter, we have Jack, Sawyer, Hurley, Kate, and Desmond) except two of them. Who?

Jack is one of them. He's always been the "real" main character of the series (like it or not), and the iconic duality between Jack and Locke is too important:
Science vs Faith, White vs Black (backgammon pieces), Good vs Evil...

Now, this is quite a wild guess, but I see Jack becoming the new Jacob and restoring the balance of the island. Reasons? Jack doesn't wanna leave. Jack is a natural leader. Jack is good. And as I said before, Jack and Locke have always had a defining partnership.

The Man in black is not gonna die... I don't think evil itself can be really "killed". But he will have to stay with Jack in the island, forever.


As for the other characters:

Desmond seems to be the key, so he ain't dying either (awesome cause he's my favourite one :D)
He is somehow completely aware of the 2 worlds and will reunite all of them at any cost (even running over a dude with a wheelchair, wtf?)
I think after doing all this, the 2 worlds will finally "merge", and nobody will be dead anymore.

Yep, happy ending! Sniff, sniff...


I can ever see the final Lost scene:

"""

Jack and Locke at the beach, looking at the horizon. They are watching a plane which is quickly losing height. A loud crash is heard.

MAN IN BLACK: Do you have any idea how badly I wanna kill you?

JACK: Yes.

MAN IN BLACK: One of these days, sooner or later... I'm going to find a loophole, my friend.

JACK: Well, when you do, I'll be right here.

Jack smiles. Screen fades to black, and the LOST logo appears for the last time.

END

"""

No comments:

Post a Comment